- Military OneSource offers 24/7 support for the military community through their website and hotline +1(800)342-9647
- Army OneSouce
- Child Welfare Information Gateway
- DoD Child Abuse and Safety Hotline +1(877)790-1197
- National Abuse Prevention Hotline +1(800)422-4453
- Kid's Rock Grow & Giggle
April 4, 2019
9:30 - 11:30 a.m.
Last Frontier Community Activity Center
- Month of the Military Child (MOMC) Carnival
April 13, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
School Age Center
- Blueberry Pancake Breakfast
April 27, 2019
10:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
In 1974, the Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Act (CAPTA) was signed by President Richard Nixon. The act was the first federal child protection legislation, marking the beginning of a national response to child abuse and neglect issues.
In 1982, the U.S. congress designated June 6-12 as the first National Child Abuse Prevention Week.
In 1983, President Ronald Reagan proclaimed April to be the first National Child Abuse Prevention Month.
In October 2015, Military OneSource Launched the Safe and Sound initiative aiming to educate military parents about resources and support available through their website and partner organizations.