- Winter League Registration NOW OPEN!
To register for Youth Sports, visit Parent Central Services, BLDG. 3414 or call (907) 353-7713
Winter Sports: August 15-September 15, 2022
Outdoor Winter Sports: October 1-November 30, 2022
Spring Sports: October 1-December 29, 2022
- Youth Sports & Fitness Calendar
- Moosercise Child Exercise and Play Program
Exercise is a-moose-ing! Moosercise is an exciting and energetic exercise program available to kids ages 18 months to 5 years old. It helps promote fitness in a fun and safe environment.
Registration is required. Please contact Youth Sports at +1 (907) 361-5437 for more information.
- Youth Sports Coaching
Did you play a sport in high school or college? Have you always wanted to coach a developmental or progressive sport to youth? Are you a cheerleader at heart? Even if you have played or coached a sport before, you can still become a certified volunteer coach!
Child and Youth Services encourages all children to explore the world of sports, learn the fundamentals of good sportsmanship, and have fun at the same time. And that's where you come in!
Please give Youth Sports & Fitness a call to begin the application process.
The perks of coaching:
- Head coaches get free registration for the entire season that they coach.
- Assistant coaches get the season's first registration free, with a 15% discount on additional children.
- Qualify for Volunteer Hours and Promotion Points
- Required CPR/First Aid and instructional training is provided by CYS prior to the beginning of the season.
- Background checks must be cleared on all coaches prior to team assignment. DD2981- Basic Criminal History and Statement of Admission
- Coaches must attend one of the Coaches Clinics to review the rules and coaching policies, and become certified through the National Alliance for Youth Sports (NAYS).
- Fill out CYS Volunteer Application.
- Submit a complete application to the CYS Youth Sports & Fitness office at 4109 Neely Road.
Children of all ages can stay active with the many team and individual sports offered by Child & Youth Services Sports and Fitness. Through these activities, youth engage in healthy physical activity, make friends, learn social and athletic skills, as well as good sportsmanship. Sports offered include but are not limited to archery, indoor soccer, outdoor soccer, t-ball, baseball, flag football, basketball, fishing, wrestling, swimming, and cheerleading. In addition, Sport Development Programs are available to teach basic skills for youth ages three and four.