- Gain a sense of satisfaction/achievement by meeting challenges
- Learn about the Army, its sister services and the community
- Acquire new skills and or expand old ones
- Obtain work experience
- Build new friendship and become a cohesive part of the community
- Click on Volunteer tools (upper right hand corner).
- Now you should see the page that says, “I am looking for volunteer opportunities.”
- Click on switch to OCONUS.
- Click on the map where it says Alaska
- Go to the bottom of this page and filter by organization, change the record page to 200, apply filter – it’s easier ot find positions this way.
- Select a position you are interested in, and then click to apply at the bottom of the page
- Click on the Registration for this site (upper right hand corner)
- Complete the registration information.
- Click continue.
- Verify Information, click Register at the bottom of the right hand corner.
- Screen will show “Registration Complete” and “Thank you for registering. You have been pre-approved and logged into the site.”
- Click on Continue (returns to home page)
- Follow the steps above, then:
- Position description will open on the screen.
- Scroll to bottom and click on submit.
- Screen will say, “Volunteer Application sent.”
- Screen will say, “What would you like to do next?”
- An email will be sent to the Organization Point of Contact (OPOC) who must approve your application in VMIS before you can begin logging volunteer hours.
- Log into www.myarmyonesource.com
- Click on LOG IN at the top of the page
- Click on VOLUNTEER TOOLS (upper right hand corner).
- Click on Volunteer Activity.
- All positions you are registered for are under this tab.
- To enter for current month, select day, then Add for Open Dates.
- To enter historical hours, select period, and Add for Period.
The Fort Wainwright Army Volunteer Corps (AVC) supports the Army's mission by promoting and strengthen volunteerism by uniting volunteer efforts, supporting professional management, enhancing volunteer career mobility, and establishing volunteer partnerships to support individual personal growth and life-long volunteer commitment.
The Fort Wainwright Army Volunteer Corps office is the center for volunteer recruitment, referral, recognition, and professional development for volunteers and volunteer leaders. Volunteers can be placed in a wide variety of positions throughout the installation and within the Fairbanks community. Through volunteer service, volunteers can learn or improve skills and gain work experience that can increase self-confidence and improve marketability for paid positions.
Every minute, every hour that someone volunteers contributes to improving the quality of life of our community; therefore volunteers change the world. Join the movement to make our installation, our city, our nation a better place for all Change the World, Volunteer!
The Army Volunteer Corps can link volunteers with local volunteering opportunities. What can volunteering do for you?
Access the VMIS Site
Log on to: www.myarmyonesource.com
Register (for 1st time users)
NOTE: If you are a first time user, you must register first. Follow the steps below to apply.
Apply for a position (once registered)
Log in your hours