USAG Alaska MWR Summer Concert 2023 | Andy Grammer with Frankie Ballard
Jun 2 2023, 4:30 pm
Jun 2 2023, 4:30 pm
Fort Wainwright Family and Morale, Welfare and Recreation in partnership with Army Entertainment invites you to join them at the 2023 Summer Concert on Fort Wainwright Friday, June 2nd Doors Open at 4:30pm.
This FREE family friendly event will feature Andy Grammer known for his quadruple-platinum “Honey, I’m Good”, platinum singles “Keep Your Head Up”, and “Good To Be Alive (Hallelujah)” plus with special guest Frankie Ballard known for his number one singles “Sunshine & Whiskey”, Helluva Life”, and “Young & Crazy”.
There will be food vendors and a beer tent as well as inflatables for youth and adults. Be sure to purchase your MWR Express to save time in line for MWR food and beverage!
Stay tuned for more information. Wainwright Family and MWR can't wait to reveal what else we have planned for this exciting event! Follow us on Facebook and Instagram, WainwrightMWR, for updates and some fantastic giveaways!
Altered Fort Wainwright Family and MWR Facility Hours
Due to the large scale of the 2023 USAG Summer Concert, many Fort Wainwright Family and MWR facilities will have reduced or altered hours on Friday, June 02, 2023. Please see below for a list of facilities and their hours of operation.
Free Summer Concert Shuttle Buses
The Free Summer Concert Shuttle Buses will be available for concert attendees located on Fort Wainwright. No need to make reservations-- shuttles begin at 4:00 p.m. and will run until all attendees vacate the concert venue. This is the recommended mode of transportation to access the concert from Fort Wainwright.
Shuttle Pick-up / Drop-off locations:
- Physical Fitness Center (Building 3709)
- Last Frontier Community Activity Center (Building 1044)
- Youth Center (Building 4109)
- Siku Basin (Intersection of Lily Lane & Snapdragon Lane)
Parking will be available on the Ladd Army Airfield near the Chena Bend Golf Course, Building 4090 Montgomery Road (at the intersection of Montgomery Road and Ketcham Road). Be prepared to follow traffic signs and controllers as they lead you to available parking spots.
Get home safe with S.A.D.D.
After a night of fun, do the responsible thing and don't drive while intoxicated. The S.A.D.D. Program is here to make sure that all DoD ID Cardholders arrive home safely. Call 907-353-4145 or visit their booth near the water buffalo for a safe ride home on or off post – it is free and completely confidential.
We have you covered if you decide to take a safe ride home with S.A.D.D. Vehicles will be towed free of charge to the Chena Bend Golf Course Parking Lot beginning at 11:00 p.m.
2023 Summer Concert FAQ’s
Who is playing at the 2023 Summer Concert?
- The 2023 Summer Concert will feature Andy Grammer with special guest Frankie Ballard!
When is the 2023 Summer Concert?
- Friday, June 02nd 2023 with doors opening at 4:30pm
Where is the 2023 Summer Concert?
- Chena Bend Golf Course BLDG 2090 Montgomery Rd located on Fort Wainwright
Who is able to attend the concert?
- Anyone! The 2023 Summer Concert is open to all DoD Affiliates and the general public!
Do I need a ticket?
- No! The 2023 Summer Concert is FREE!
What is the Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area?
- Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area is a special seating area for DoD ID Cardholders that are 18+ for $50 per person. Youth are not allowed including infants. This area is located in a special section stage left with limited chairs and tables provided. Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area includes an MWR Express. Doyon Platinum Seating Area is nonrefundable.
- Platinum Patrons will be on a VIP name list with the Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area attendant and you will need to show a valid ID to receive your wristband.
- Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating will be available to purchase at the Last Frontier Community Activity Center starting Wednesday, May 31st at 5:00pm. They will be on sale during Last Frontier Community Activity Center regular business hours or until sold out. Limited number available. Only available in purchase, phone orders will not be accepted.
Where do I go the day of the Summer Concert for the Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area?
Platinum wristbands can be picked up starting at 4:30PM on Friday, June 2 at the Information Booth located at the Summer Concert Venue.
Platinum Patrons will head to the Platinum Seating area stage left. There will be large signs stating Platinum Seating Area! Your name will be on a VIP list with the Doyon Platinum Seating Area attendant and you will need to show a valid ID to receive your wristband. All patrons must be present with a valid ID to receive their wristbands. The purchaser cannot pick up the wristbands for their group.
o For example: Justin has arrived to the attendant but only he is present- the others in his party have yet to arrive. He is only allowed to receive his Platinum Seating Wristband. The other group members will need to be present to receive their wristbands so the attendant can place the wristbands on each patron. This is to avoid wristbands being given to those not on the VIP name list.
Who can purchase the Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area?
- The purchaser must be a DoD ID Cardholders.
Can I purchase a Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating Area spot for a friend?
Yes! At the time of purchase you must know each party members name to ensure they receive their wristband on concert day.
For Example: Justin is purchasing 4 Platinum Spots. He must know all the names of those attending when purchasing the tickets to tell the employee their names for the Platinum VIP list.
What is the MWR Express?
- The MWR Express is an expedited line for MWR Food and Beverage only. Anyone standing in the MWR Express line must have an MWR Express Wristband. MWR Express is $15/ per person. Limited number available and nonrefundable. MWR Express is not valid at any non-MWR Food Vendors or Booths. MWR Express wristbands will be picked up starting at 4:30 pm on Friday, June 2 at the Information Booth located Summer Concert Venue. (Can be purchased ahead of time at Last Frontier CAC during normal business hours and later picked up during the event at the Information Booth)
What is Playland?
- The 2023 Summer Concert will feature lots of fun inflatables! Playland is $15 per person and is open to all ages including adults, though some inflatables will have age restrictions. Inflatables include; bounce houses, obstacle courses, an axe throwing inflatable, and more. Socks are required for all inflatables and will be sold at the Information Booth the day of if patron does not have socks on. All youth must be supervised by a parent or guardian at all times while inside the Playland area. The Playland wristband is non-refundable.
- Wristbands will be available to purchase in advance at the Last Frontier Community Activity Center starting Wednesday, May 17th at 5:00 pm. They will be on sale during Last Frontier Community Activity Center regular business hours.
- Wristbands will be available to purchase the day of the event at the Information Booth.
(Can be purchased ahead of time at Last Frontier CAC during normal business hours and later picked up during the event at the Information Booth)
What is the latest date Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating, MWR Express, Playland Wristbands can be purchased in person at the Last Frontier Community Activity Center?
> The final day of in-person sales will be Wednesday, May 31st at the close of the business day.
What is sold at the Information Booth?
- The Information Booth will be selling MWR Express, Playland Wristbands, Playland Socks, Reusable Water Bottles and Folding Chairs!
Can I bring my own food and drink?
- No, outside food and beverage is not permitted on the premises.
- Patrons are encouraged to bring empty reusable water bottles to fill at the Water Buffalo Station. Reusable water bottles will also be sold at the Information Booth.
What are the food and beverage options?
- MWR will be the sole provider of alcoholic beverages such as beer, cider and liquor drinks.
- MWR will be providing food with amazing options like Rainbow Grilled Cheese, Smoked Ham and Cheese, Caprese Grilled Cheese, Bavarian Pretzel with Cheese, Snow Cones, Cotton Candy and Popcorn!!
- There will be seven other food vendors: BBQ Shack, Corn Diggity Dogs, Early Bird Loaded Fries, Frozen Smoke BBQ, Wok-N-Roll, Grandma’s Genuine Navajo Tacos, and Mojo Café.
- There will also be SFRG Booths with beverages, baked goods, snacks, face painting and small carnival games!
- Food and Beverage Locations will take cash and/or card.
What is your refund policy?
- Doyon Utilities Platinum Seating, Playland Wristbands, Playland Socks, and MWR Express items are nonrefundable.
What form of payment should I bring?
- Card and cash will be accepted at the event.
- There will NOT be an ATM on site.
What can I bring to the concert?
- Please check the prohibited list for what is not allowed inside the concert venue. Other items not listed on the Prohibited List are in the judgement of Security that pose a safety hazard or diminish the enjoyment of the event by other guests. All prohibited items discovered during the security inspections must be either returned to the owner’s vehicle or discarded prior to entry of the venue. No safekeeping locations will be provided at the event. Prohibited items discovered inside the venue or any items left unattended are subject to confiscation and proper disposal. All attendees accept full liability for any personal items brought into the event.
How will I know where to sit at the concert venue?
- The concert venue will be opening seating on a first come first serve basis. We encourage patrons to bring blankets and folding chairs to the event as the venue is mainly asphalt with some grassy areas.
How do I sit with my friends?
- We recommend that your entire party carpools to the event and place your folding chairs and blankets next to each other. Seating is on a first come first serve basis.
Can I drive my own vehicle?
- Yes! Patrons are able to drive their own vehicles. All vehicles going to or leaving the Summer Concert MUST enter ONLY through Montgomery Gate. Montgomery Gate will be for event traffic only starting at 1:30pm on Friday, June 02.
- Montgomery Gate will remain open to event traffic only throughout the duration of the event. Montgomery Gate will close after the event once Security as determined that all patrons and vehicles have left the venue and parking areas.
I live on Fort Wainwright; do I have to go through Montgomery Gate still?
- Yes! Anyone wishing to drive their own vehicle to the concert will need to enter and exit through Montgomery Gate. The reason for this is due to the safety and security of our entire installation.
- Don’t want to drive your own vehicle? Be sure to take one of the Concert Shuttle Buses to the venue from 4 pickup locations around Fort Wainwright!
What is the Concert Shuttle Buses?
- Those who live on Fort Wainwright are encouraged to catch a ride on the Concert Shuttle Bus. There will be 4 Concert Shuttle Buses running continuous routes to and from the concert venue the day of the event. Concert Shuttle Buses will be beginning their routes at 4:00pm with continuous pick-ups and drops off to/from the venue until the last patron has been picked up from the concert venue. Pick up at the following locations include: Siku Basin Neighborhood, Last Frontier Community Activity Center, Physical Fitness Center (PFC), and the Youth Center.
Can I bring a stroller or wagon on the Concert Shuttle Bus?
- Yes, strollers/wagons are allowed on the Concert Shuttle Bus. However, we kindly ask while on the Concert Shuttle Bus to please fold/collapse the stroller/or wagon so it can fit in a seat. Items cannot block or lay in the aisle way on the Concert Shuttle Bus as it is a safety hazard.
Will there be vehicle inspections at the Montgomery Gate the day of the event?
- Yes, all vehicles entering at the gate be prepared for random vehicle inspections when coming through Montgomery Gate on June 2, 2023.
How do I get into the venue?
- Patrons will enter through a security check point and all bags are subject to search. Please be prepared to remove all metal objects from your pockets to make the searches go quickly. Be sure to check the prohibited list for what is not allowed inside the concert venue.
- Please be aware that re-entry is not permitted.
Can I bring my pet/animal?
- Animals are not permitted at the event, except for Service Animals.
Am I allowed to smoke and vape?
- Smoking and vaping is only allowed in the designated smoking area only. Please follow the sign to the designated smoking area at the venue.
Is the event family friendly?
- Yes, we invite all ages to attend the event! There will be activities available for both kids and adults throughout the entire event.
Road Closure & Parking Map
Thank you to our Sponsors!