Summer Concert 2021
It's the largest event of the season! Brantley Gilbert and Ludacris are making their way to Alaska for the 2021 Summer Concert!
Get ready for the biggest event of the season: U.S. Army Garrison Alaska presents Brantley Gilbert and Ludacris, live in concert!
Hip Hop artist Ludacris and country artist Brantley Gilbert are making their U.S. Army Garrison Alaska debut on the Fort Wainwright stage for a most memorable night in support of our troops, family members, and military community.
June 5 at the Physical Fitness Center Sporting Field
Doors open 4 p.m.
Pod reservations are open to all authorized DoD ID card holders.
Access to Fort Wainwright is limited under the current guidance. See installation access guidelines for more information.
Missed your chance at reserving a pod? There are still plenty of opportunities to see Ludacris and Brantley Gilbert on the big day!
- Enter to win a pod at @WainwrightMWR on Facebook and Instagram. Look out for giveaways happening in the weeks leading up to the concert.
- Get your name on the Waitlist by calling the Last Frontier Community Activity Center at (907) 353-7755.
- Find a friend that’s going and hop in their pod. Remember that pods are limited to a maximum of 6 people and 5 family groups.
*POD positioning is subject to change
Food & Beverages (Tokens Required)
Nothing comes close to a warm summer day with live music, food straight from the grill, and a cold beverage in hand. We'll be serving up a variety of food and beverages, including adult beverages.
Tokens are required to purchase food and beverages. Skip the line and save time by buying your tokens in advance at the Last Frontier Community Activity Center May 5 - June 1. Tokens can also be purchased day-of at the Summer Concert (cash preferred). Remember that each pod reservation will receive an automatic $20 in tokens at the time of pod pass pickup.
|Summer Concert Menu|
|$1 = 1 token|
|Hamburger / Cheeseburger & Chips||8 tokens|
|Buffalo Chicken Wrap & Chips||8 tokens|
|Chicken Tenders (3) & Chips||
|Add a soda!||+2 tokens|
|Soda & Powerade||3 tokens|
|Beer & Seltzers||5 tokens|
*Tokens valid for June 5, 2021 only. Lost or stolen tokens are not eligible for replacement, nor are tokens eligible for refund.
The following items are prohibited at the Summer Concert: Outside food and beverage, coolers, bottles, cans, beverage containers (including water), alcohol, firearms, knives, weapons, objects that could be used as weapons, illegal drugs or substances, aerosol cans, fireworks, wagons, glow sticks, drones, canopies & tents, large umbrellas, Camelback-style hydration packs, all camera and video equipment (including GoPros), pets (excluding service animals), selfie sticks, banners or flags on poles, laser pointers, skateboards, longboards, scooters, hoverboards, and other items determined by management.
Parking & Access
Gates to the Summer Concert venue open at 4 p.m. Parking is available prior to the gates opening, within designated parking lots surrounding the venue.
How you can help prevent the spread of COVID-19
Concert patrons must abide by posted COVID-19 safety requirements in order to attend the event. Those that do not follow direction of staff and signage may be removed from the premises.
Stay within your assigned POD unless purchasing food or beverage, or using the restrooms
Wear your mask at all times
Food and beverages may only be consumed while inside your pod
Practice social distancing
Frequently Asked Questions:
When is the 2021 Summer Concert?
- Saturday June 5th with gates opening at 4 p.m.
Where is the 2021 Summer Concert?
- Physical Fitness Center- Sporting Field located on Fort Wainwright
When do POD Reservations begin?
- Pod reservations are from Wednesday May 5th- Tuesday June 1st, or until sold out.
How much does it cost to reserve a pod?
- A pod reservation is $20 per pod, and you will receive $20 in food/beverage tokens to be used on the day of the concert.
How do I reserve a pod?
- To reserve a pod, head over to the Last Frontier Community Activity Center or call 907-353-7755 starting Wednesday, May 5th during business hours: Monday- Friday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. and Saturday 10 a.m. - 6 p.m. You must be a DoD ID Cardholder to reserve a pod.
What is the size of a pod?
- A pod is an 8’ x 8’ square that will be marked with field paint.
How many pod can I reserve?
- 2 pods per DoD ID
I am getting 2 pods, will they be together?
- Reservation staff will try their best to have the pods located next to each other. However, we cannot guarantee they will be.
How will I know what pod is mine at the concert venue?
- Walkways/aisles and pods inside the venue will be marked. Reference the pod map above All pods will be marked and we will have seating maps posted online.
Who is able to attend the 2021 Summer Concert?
- You must be a DoD ID Cardholder to reserve a pod. However, anyone who has access to Fort Wainwright under the current guidance on the day of the concert is able to attend if they possess a pass. See installation access guidelines for more information.
How many people can be in my pod?
- A POD can hold a max of 6 people from 5 different family groups.
Do I have to wear a mask?
- Masks are required at all times during the concert except when eating or drinking within your assigned pod.
How do I get my $20 tokens?
- If reserving in person, tokens will be provided alongside pod passes. If reserving over the phone, tokens will be available for pick up when you pick up the passes.
How do I purchase more tokens?
- Tokens can be purchased at the Last Frontier Community Activity Center or Token Tent on the day of the concert. Cash is preferred.
What is a token?
- Tokens are how you purchase food and beverage items. $1 = 1 token. You must first purchase tokens at the Token Tent before obtaining food and beverages. Tokens are non-refundable.
What if I don’t use all my tokens?
- We encourage patrons to only purchase as many tokens as they will use as tokens are non-refundable.
What if I am no longer able to attend the concert?
- If you are no longer able to attend the concert, we ask that you get a refund for your pod. The last day to get a refund is June 1. If you find out that you are unable to attend after the June 1 date, then no refund will be given. We recommend that you ask friends/family if they would like your passes to the concert.
There are 7 of us who would like to go together, can we add just one more pass?
- We are unable to add additional passes onto your pod reservation. Only 6 people, from a maximum of 5 different family groups, are allowed in each pod. If you have 7 or more in your party you would need to reserve a second pod.
What is your refund policy?
- Pods: The last day to get a refund is June 1. Refunds on or before this date will be given a refund in full. No refunds, will be provided after 7 p.m. on June 1. If you are unable to attend after this date, we recommend asking friends/family if they would like your passes to the concert.
- Tokens: Tokens valid for June 5, 2021 only. Lost or stolen tokens are not eligible for replacement, nor are tokens eligible for refund.
There are only 3 people in my family group so I have extra passes to my POD, what do I do with them?
- You are welcome to give it to someone whom you are comfortable sharing your pod space with. However, keep in mind you are only allowed to have 5 family groups in your POD with a max of 6 people.
How do I sit with my friends?
- We recommend that one friend reserves the POD and distributes the passes to those they are comfortable having within their pod.
I missed reserving a pod, but I will want to go to the concert. What do I do?
- Once the pods are gone, they are gone. We recommend checking with your trusted friends and family to see if they might have extra passes to their pod. Watch our social media pages for our pod giveaways!
What is a "Family Group"?
- A family group includes those individuals that live in the same household as you. Parents, children, spouses, roommates, and barracks buddies are considered a family group.
Can I bring a lawn chair to sit on inside my pod?
- Yes, lawn chairs are allowed. We also allow blankets. Keep in mind the pods are 8’ x 8’ in size, and although 6 chairs fit, it may be a squeeze. Pop up tents, canopies, and large umbrellas are not allowed.
What can I bring to the concert?
- Please check the prohibited list for what is not allowed inside the concert venue.
What happens if I lose a pod pass?
- Pod passes are not available for reprint.
If I reserved 2 pods, how many people and how many family groups?
- With two pods, you can host 12 people; 6 people within each pod. Keep in mind you are only allowed 5 different family groups within each pod.
Thank you to our sponsors for their support of the military community!
Paid sponsorship. No federal endorsement implied.
Physical Fitness Center Sports Field