CYS Recruitment Fair
Start your CYS career today!
Ready to start a new career as a Child & Youth Program Assistant (CYPA) with great pay and benefits*? How does a $200 recruitment bonus upon appointment to the position sound PLUS an $800 retention bonus* at the six month mark? September 23, 2021 thru October 20, apply for vacancies for the CYS Recruitment Fair!
CYS employment also comes with:
- Career Progression
- Training tied to salary increases and promotions
- Access to Childcare
- Flexible Work Hours – full-time, part-time, and flex positions
- Insurance Coverage, including medical, dental, vision, and life*
- Paid Leave – for full-time and part-time employees*
- Travel Opportunities
CYPA Hourly rates of pay are based on qualifications:
- Entry Level: $15.13 - $17.35
- Skill Level: $16.55 - $19.56
- Target Level: $18.58 - $21.96
Qualifications and Conditions:
- Must be at least 17 years old, a dependent of a Service member or Department of Defense Civilian Employee and in pursuit of a high school diploma, OR must be at least 18 years old and have a high school diploma/GED.
- Communicate effectively in English (written & orally).
- Satisfactory completion of pre-employment and background checks.
- Health assessment and immunizations.
- For positions in Child Development Centers, possess and maintain the physical ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs., walk, bend, stoop, and stand on a routine basis.
In-Person Application Process
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may their application package consisting of:
- Proof of education (example: high school diploma, transcripts, etc.)
- Other supporting documentation (e.g., PCS orders and DD 214 (if applicable for military Spouses claiming SEP and for Veterans claiming OAV), etc.)
- Professional References to include complete contact information
- Form of ID (example: State ID, Passport, Social Security Card)
Use one of the two methods identified below to apply:
(1) Electronically (preferred):
Apply online at USAJobs.gov; or
(2) Manually: If unable to apply online, applicants may submit their application package using a manual application method. Please contact the NAF Human Resources Office or representative Nasya Villaruz (firstname.lastname@example.org) to request a copy of the manual application form. All completed manual application forms (along with resume and other supporting documentation) may be emailed to the POC or brought with the applicant to the Job Fair site.
Applicants will receive communications from the HR Office to inform them of the status of their application (e.g., application received, rating completed, referral status, etc.) Applicants should be on the look out for custom notifications that may contain reminders and/or specific details regarding the local recruitment fair.
*Parking: Use the large parking lot across 7th Avenue from the Alaska Employment Center and abide by parking rules and signage.
*Benefits: Employees in Flexible appointment categories are ordinarily not eligible for participation in additional benefits (401k, life, medical, and retirement), however upon satisfying specific work-hour criteria may be eligible for medical coverage participation.
*Recruitment and retention bonus: A $200 recruitment bonus will be paid to the newly hired/rehired applicant upon appointment to the position. An $800 retention bonus will be paid to the employee after 6 months of satisfactory employment. Eligibility for these incentives and bonus will be applicable to newly hired individuals selected from this Fair only.
Fairbanks Job Center