- COVID-19 SAFETY
We are committed to ensuring the health and safety of our Soldiers, Family Members, Retirees, Civilians, and the entire community. Help us maintain a healthy community by adhering to the specific COVID-19 precautions listed below.
- Self-service bays available on a call-in and reservation basis during normal operating hours. All services available.
- Orientation/Safety Course certification requirement temporarily waived
- Scheduled appointments available for certified mechanic services
- Car wash bays open on a call-in basis only during normal operating hours
- Face coverings are required to be worn by all adult patrons, children over the age of 2, and staff
- Social distancing and sanitization precautions in place
- Automotive Skills Center Services
Taking care of your vehicle can be a challenge with the extreme Alaskan weather. Let the knowledgeable staff at the Automotive Skills Center make things easy for you by assisting you in making repairs for you at prices lower than you will receive off post.
Looking to get your car serviced by experienced mechanics at a reasonable rate? Stop by the Automotive Skills Center and let the staff diagnose and repair your vehicle.
- Wheel alignment
- Safety inspections
- Fuel injection cleaning
- Battery tests/alternator testing
- Tire repair
- Jump-start/lock-out assistance
- Electrical/Mechanical diagnostics
They also have ASE Certified Mechanics on duty that will repair your vehicle by appointment.
Ten bays, including eight that are complete with lifts will make it easy for you to do the work yourself or under the guidance of an Auto Skills Center staff member. Auto Skills has all the tools and space you need to keep your vehicle in top condition. The Safety Orientation Class is a requirement to use the facility. We offer a variety of times for your convenience. Please see the Mandatory Safety Orientation tab for more information.
- Tow service available 24 hours
There is no need to look through the phone book to find the cheapest towing company in town. Auto Skills has a wrecker truck to tow your vehicle to the destination of your choice.
- Mandatory Safety Orientation
In order to use the bays within the Automotive Skills Center, you must complete the 30 minute Safety Orientation.
Participants will gain knowledge on basic shop operations and safety requirements as well as what the Automotive Skills Center can offer. Classes are approximately 30 minutes and followed by a short quiz. A qualification card will be issued to attendees upon completion of the class stating their approval to use the facility. No prior registration is needed. Please no late arrivals.
Monday & Thursday: Noon and 5:30 p.m.
Saturday: 10 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- Women's Clinic
The Automotive Skills Center offers a class exclusively for women. This hands-on learning experience covers a variety of topics, from routine maintenance to minor repairs.
Classes are held every Thursday at 6 p.m. Registration is recommended by calling +1 (907)353-7436.
- Car Wash
Alaskan roads can leave a thick layer of dirt on your vehicle throughout the year. Stop by Auto Skills and use one of their three indoor, heated car wash bays to keep your vehicle clean all year round. Each bay also has a vacuum station.
Tow service available 24 hours: +1 (907)590-1716